Home

Home
Home sweet home

Cathouse in the Snow

Cathouse in the Snow
What a lovely day in Paradise

Saturday, July 30, 2011

SD Summer 2011

It has been a great trip up here in NE SD.  Marvin, my hometown to be exact.  Weather has been great, highs in the 80's, some thunderboomers and rain.  We had a great Thorpe family reunion last Saturday, both my daughters Becky/Tina and Tina's boyfriend Joe were able to make it along with my grandsons, Christian, Sean, and Dylan.  All got to meet the family and we were able to see others we had not seen in a number of years.  A great day. 

This past week we did some work on the farm, cleaning, hauling iron, clean the shop etc.  Lots to be done and it is a never ending project.  But when you have a spread, you have to take care of it.  This farm/ranch has been in the family a number of years and will continue to do so.  It is great being parked up here, I enjoy the peace and quiet, just the sounds of the livestock and critters in the gulch.  I hate to leave it, but someday soon I plan to retire and spend a lot more time here.  I have set a date for the future, but that depends on what happens, economy, etc.  We shall see.  I have today and tomorrow left here, Marvin Bar both nights and will just chill out during the day.  Guess I had better get going and enjoy the day and not stay cooped up in here, so we can howl through the nite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment