Home

Home
Home sweet home

Cathouse in the Snow

Cathouse in the Snow
What a lovely day in Paradise

Monday, February 8, 2010

Open House

Good way to spend Super Sunday, being away from the home so the agent can hold an open house.  Glad that she made good comments on how I reduced some of the clutter.  However garage is a disaster area, where is a tornado when you need one.  So to kill time before the big game went out to the storage facility in El Dorado to drop off some items for the RV.  She looked so cold and lonesome sitting there, guess she wants to go out and get on the road.  "Cathouse" will be open soon.  Got to get rid of this snow and cold.

 I remember as a kid on the farm after the snow, shovel out the feed bunks so we can feed the cattle (just think of all those nice T-bone steaks), dig the barn door out so we can get in and do the chores, hope we plugged in the tractor the nite before so it will start on a cold morning.  Need it to feed the critters.  Some of the good about the snow, riding our sleds as kids, ride a big boy sled i.e. a snowmobile, ice fishing,  a good ol snowball fight. 

However, now I wait for spring, the green grass, trees, cold 12 pack in the cooler, living at the lake in the RV and having a way to relax and get away from the everyday stuff about life and just live for the moment.

Ok, what else did I do yesterday?  Well, I got the storage locker secured, moved the motorcycle trailer into it and then went to friend's house to watch the Super Bowl.  Thought the Colts may pull it out, but that onside kick and the teamwork by the Saints allowed them to take the crown.  Too bad the Cowboys were not there, but maybe another time. 

Soon as we can get a weekend where the weather will be good, maybe I can clean out the garage and make more room there and keep sorting "stuff" and deciding what will go to storage, throw out, or move to RV.  Guess the best thing for the near future is I can live in the rig and decide as I go for the first few months as to what I want to have in the rig and what is not needed.  Goal, keep the weight down.  I read a lot of blogs, so if you all have any words of wisdom, I will certainly appreciate them.  To quote the words of the best newsman, whom I had the pleasure of meeting a few years ago; Walter Cronkite.  "And that's the way it is."

No comments:

Post a Comment