Home

Home
Home sweet home

Cathouse in the Snow

Cathouse in the Snow
What a lovely day in Paradise

Sunday, September 5, 2010

House Closing

I have been wanting to discuss the closing of the house.  Been a while since I commented on this.  I am amazed at how fast the sale went.  I listed the place in January 2010 and closed in June 2010.  I fully expected it to be a lot longer, but I am glad to be rid of it.  Amazed at how I got rid of bills every month, especially when I hear of rate hikes etc.  The folks that bought the place seemed to be good people and really loved the place.  It was a brother and sister along with their mother.  There were some issues as we got close to closing which I commented on in earlier posts.  They agreed to what I offered on the window replacement and that was a good thing.  Saved me a lot of work.  The delay on the closing had to do with money for new homebuyers from the government.  Once they got that squared away and the down payments were covered, we finally got to close.  It was around 2 weeks later than planned, but it all worked out good.  Couple of times I was getting anxious on whether we were going to close.  But, it finally worked out and I am glad for that.
 I love living in my rig, I do not feel closed in even with long times spent in it.  If they ever say about fulltiming that you won't spend much time in the rig, think again!!  That is why when you look at rigs, take your time, look at lots of models and floorplans.  Get the one that has the "it" factor for you.  Every one of us is different on what our desires are, likes and dislikes.  I strongly feel this area is very important for one to be successful in this lifestyle.  Football season is upon us and winter will be here before we know it.  That will be the test here on how well I survive it.  Being from up north, I understand what the cold can do and should be able to take precautions as needed.  I have also had the pleasure of having some mentors in this undertaking which has been a huge help.  So thanks to Ed and Marilyn, Mike and Leslie, and Howard and Linda.  The one downside is I wish I had someone "special" to share it with me. 
Speaking of football, I hope the Dallas Cowboys can pull it off this year, especially since the Super Bowl will be played in "Cowboys Stadium."  So lets hope they can do it.  "Go Cowboys!!"  Yes, I am a Cowboys fan and proud of it!!!
Ok, enough for this day, am going to get out of here for a while, then on to the bar for a cold beverage and enjoy a good cigar.  Now we have to smoke on the patio or outside due to the recent smoking ban.  That will be a rant for another day.  I have made my point clear at times but, guess we will have to accept it for now.  Last thing I will say is make sure you vote in November.  The right to vote is one of the greatest freedoms we have and I cannot emphasize the importance of exercising that right.  Holiday tomorrow, so this cat may hiss and howl a bit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment